Monday, July 16, 2012

Getting started

It's been a slow beginning but we are finally moving forward. Our group is now listed on the national Head Huggers website. We are going to target hospitals, clinics and doctors offices in the Central and Southern Missouri area.

My name is Teresa Krapes. I started crocheting about two years ago. I had only made some baby afghans years ago. I researched crocheting for charity and found the Head Huggers website. Using the patterns there, I made my first chemo caps. And I was hooked. Pun intended!

My first batch of hats was 37 that went to Newborns in Need and the Mercy oncology clinic in Springfield, Mo. My sister, Cheryl, makes the deliveries for Springfield.

She is the other part of "we" for this new group. She is going to try her hand at sewing turbin type caps.

Since that first batch, I have sent down several more batches. I like to do themes. Pumpkin hats for Halloween; cotton for summer; pink bats for October breast cancer awareness, etc.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment